Monday, January 04, 2010

What Happened to Senator Max?

What do you think when you see this video clip:



The Senator office hasn't exactly denied alcohol as an excuse for the manner of his speech, his spokesperson's statement only references possible smear tactics. (See Montana senator denies being drunk during floor speech; Crapo, Risch decline comment.)

Wouldn't it be interesting if we could call up Senator Baucus and ask him directly? Just get an honest face-to-face answer to the question of his state during that speech?

I recently wrote to both Jon Tester and Max Baucus about the health care bill. I guess I can say I was naive in thinking I would receive a real-live-person response. I received a real-live paper form letter from Tester, plus an increase in e-mails from his office, and nothing from Baucus. They're busy, right?

This is the state of our political world. I believe we would be astonished if we really knew how little the actions of our representatives have to do with benefiting you and I.

The thing to consider is....what's the damage?

No comments: